[Geo4All] Outstanding news from the BuioMetria Partecipativa project

Andrea Giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 01:43:52 PDT 2019

[apologies for cross-postings]

Hello,

While with the BuioMetria Partecipativa project we still conduct technical
activities which occasionally lead to research results and publications,
over the years we are having some kind of drift towards outreach and
community engagement.

In this respect I am glad to announce this:

http://www.pibinko.org/buiometria-partecipativa-provides-educational-credits/

What I found interesting is that this outcome was not planned initially
(while we coordinate with various professional charters for specific events
this case was related to our day-to-day interaction with a user) and was in
fact triggered by the idea of one of our "buiometristi".... a complete
"bottom-up" exercise.

At this point we have an appreciation of the value of the work which can be
done supporting our project for environmental guides, and will be looking
into repeating the experience.

It would be interesting for us to learn if there are similar cases around
the world related to other projects involving a citizen science component.

Best regards from Tuscany

Andrea Giacomelli
http://www.pibinko.org
info at pibinko.org