[Geo4All] What terms should go into an OSGeo Glossary?

labrinos at eled.auth.gr labrinos at eled.auth.gr
Wed Sep 25 23:33:19 PDT 2019

Dear Cameron,

You can find a few acronyms in GeoForAll Newsletter (12. Article).
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but I believe that
you can find some in there.

good luck
Nikos

Παραθέτοντας από Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>:

> Hi folks,
>
> Felicity (CCed), one of the Tech Writers partaking in the Google
> Season of Docs, is going to compile a Glossary for us.
> Does anyone know of existing Glossaries that we can start from? I've
> found an OGC list of accronyms [0].
>
> This coming week (by 29 September) she will be collating existing
> material. In the following weeks, she'll be asking us to review and
> see what extra terms should be added.
>
> Beyond that, she will also be working reviewing our Quickstarts, and
> selecting a writing style guide. (The Google Syle Guide is a likely
> contender).
> You can see results of her first pass [1].
>
> If you'd like to contribute, conversations are happening on the
> OSGeoLive email list [2], or you can email Felicity directly.
>
> [0] https://www.opengeospatial.org/acronyms
> [1]
> https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1jmSlp9GNwoPupeFJdjPsBnL7vqVG7AiWbWLEGOWEcy4/edit#slide=id.p1 [2]
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Cameron Shorter
> Technology Demystifier
>
> M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Δρ. Νίκος Λαμπρινός
Καθηγητής της Διδασκαλίας της Γεωγραφίας
Τμήμα Δημοτικής Εκπαίδευσης
Α.Π.Θ. 54124 Θεσσαλονίκη
Τηλ.: 2310 991201 / 991230
Email: labrinos at eled.auth.gr
Web Page: http://users.auth.gr/labrinos/
	  http://www.digital-earth.edu.gr/
	  https://www.auth.gr/univUnits

Dr. Nikos Lambrinos
Professor of Geography Teaching
Director of Digital Analysis and Educational Design Laboratory
President of the Hellenic digital earth Centre of Excellence
Faculty of Education
School of Primary Education
Dept. of Science and New Technologies
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki