[Geo4All] Ethical issues of Digital Feudalism affecting Indigeneous communities

Pyrou Chung pchung at ewmi-odi.org
Mon Jul 27 20:10:51 PDT 2020

Hi Suchith,

I tried to reach out to the IP Geo network some time back but didn't hear
from them. I'll try again.

Additionally this just came to my attention:
https://www.indigenous-ai.net/position-paper

*The position paper on Indigenous Protocol and Artificial Intelligence (IP
AI) is a starting place for those who want to design and create AI from an
ethical position that centers Indigenous concerns. It is an attempt to
capture multiple layers of a discussion that happened over 20 months,
across 20 timezones, , during two workshops, and between Indigenous people
(and a few non-Indigenous folks) from diverse communities in Aotearoa,
Australia, North America, and the Pacific.  Our aim is to articulate a
multiplicity of Indigenous knowledge systems and technological practices
that can and should be brought to bear on the ‘question of AI.’ To that
end, rather than being a single unified statement this position paper is a
collection of heterogeneous texts that range from design guidelines to
scholarly essays to artworks to descriptions of technology prototypes to
poetry.*

Regards,
Pyrou