[Geo4All] India emergency appeal

SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy
Wed May 5 10:04:49 PDT 2021

?I received an email asking for help regarding the pandemic situation in India. A colleague (assistant professor at the University of Geneva and originally from a region that is being hit hard by the pandemic) is looking for a way to count the number of people affected and estimate mortality rates. For this reason, he is calling on experts whose research areas include GIS or remote sensing. I suggested contacting HOT. They did but it looks they didn't get any answer yet. I would appreciate if you could contribute by distributing this email, or contact him directly (mridul.thomas at unige.ch) to do our bit and help, even if only minimally, in this health emergency situation.

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY