[Geo4All] A late announcement: "GDAL/OGR in practical use" by Jakob Miksch; TODAY; !)7=%7"="!; !/.!% mesz7gmt*"

Franz-Josef Behr franz-josef.behr at hft-stuttgart.de
Wed May 19 00:36:57 PDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

this is a quite shot term announcement, but I was able to organize a
workshop entitled "GDAL/OGR in practical use" given by *Jakob Miksch*
(see https://jakobmiksch.eu/ <https://jakobmiksch.eu/>) this Wednesday
afternoon, at 17:15 o'clock.

AS you will probalby know theGeospatial Data Abstraction Library
(*GDAL*) is an open-source computer software library for reading and
writing raster and vector geospatial data formats. With various useful
command line interface utilities for data translation and processing it
supports projections and transformations, using the PROJ library. The
*OGR* library (OGR Simple Features Library), which is part of the GDAL
source tree, provides a similar ability for simple features vector
graphics data. Hence these tools might be very useful for processing of
geospatial data of any format in your professional carreer.

Jakob is OSGeo Charter Member and OpenStreetMap contributor and builds
geospatial applications at Meggsimum <https://meggsimum.de/>in
Mutterstadt, Germany. Mainly with JavaScript, PostGIS, command-line,
Python, GDAL/OGR and QGIS.

I am sure we will get a useful introduction into the usage of GDAL and
OGR in *the Zoom meeting*. Please contact me for login details.

Best regards - Franz-Josef