[geojquery] BOF @ FOSSGIS "GeoJQuery"

adams adams at terrestris.de
Mon Mar 8 05:38:05 EST 2010

Dear guys,

you receive this email, because I guess you might potentially be
interessed in what happened last week at a BOF at the Osgeo local
chapeter "german" conference in Osnabrück (http://www.fossgis.de/konferenz).

Outgoing from the first thoughts about linking OpenLAyers and JQuery at
the BOF "OpenLayers" at the Foss4G 2009 in Sydney at the conference last
week there was a BOF with the topic "GeoJQuery". Find some information here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/BOF_%22GeoJQuery%22_at_FOSSGIS_2010

Andreas Hocevar pointed us to you guys: Ivan Willig, Chris Patterson,
Robert Marianski because you already run the project "gQuery" - so if
you are interested in joining our team or if you want to open, what you
did up till now, let's talk ;-).

We've already setup a mailing list (thanks to Arnulf) - join here:
one of our servers. We pointed out, that for the really beginning it's
most easy to start hosting the stuff from us (terrestris) - if somebody
feels better, if we put it somewhere else, feel free! I think most
interesting is the license, which should fit to jquery, because our
plans are, to create a kinf of "mapping JQuery plugin".

As said before , find more details at osgeo wiki or at the wiki
"www.geojwquery.org"

We would be glad, if you would join us!

Two key things for the next steps are probably having a talk at Foss4G
in Barcelona and of course making a BOF for the international community
in Barcelona as well.

Thanks, Till Adams

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Irmintrudisstrasse 17