[geojquery] Naming for the approaches

adams adams at terrestris.de
Mon Mar 15 04:34:58 EDT 2010

Hi,

I think this is a good approach - this let's room for extensions like
the onme Jan sent around last week. I just talked to Marc, he is working
on a very small prototype setting up a map-object via Jquery.

In general I do not see GeoJQuery not as counterpart to Mapfish, it's
more directed to GeoExt, as MapFish will not deliver it's own client
modules any more. In a far future we may think about using MapFish
server as a backend....

Till

Volker Mische wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are people who want to see geojquery as a jQuery-ish wrapper
> around OpenLayers, and there are people who'd like to see geojquery as a
> (friendly) counterpart to MapFish.
>
> I hope that not only one, but both approaches will be part of geojquery,
> therefore we need to name them when we are talking about. I propose
> (thanks Oliver):
>
> geojquery core: the jQuery-ish wrapper,
> geocouch ui: the MapFish buddy.
>
> Please pick it up or make better suggestions.
>
> Cheers,
>   Volker

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Irmintrudisstrasse 17