[geomoose-psc] New GeoMoose Server

James Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 06:28:35 PDT 2013

On Aug 22, 2013 7:30 AM, "Eli Adam" <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:

> On Aug 21, 2013 7:24 PM, "James Klassen" <klassen.js at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Everyone,
> >
> > Please checkout the new GeoMoose project webserver and let me know if
you find anything broken.  There has been a lot of reorganization with our
switch from SVN to Git.  I have taken this opportunity to rebuild our aging
project server.  I'd like to cut over to the new server as soon as possible
as the old one is no longer being updated (as it points to the old SVN) and
I don't want the wiki on the old server to get ahead of the wiki on the new
server.  Once things are tested, we will rename www2.geomoose.org to
www.geomoose.org and retire the old machine.

> There is a fair amount of work on the website I need to do (update links
to demo, docs, the splitting of the project and version specific docs,
etc).  I'm hoping to do much of that Monday and Tuesday.  When the actual
cut over happens, if possible I'd like to be available to run linkcheck and
fix as needed since I can't really test some things until it is live.

Ok.  I think I'll put in a redirect on the old server to the new wiki for
now.

> > http://www2.geomoose.org
> > This is a new site to act as a spot for project related resources.  It
is a Sphinx generated site sourced from the geomoose/geomoose-website repo
on GitHub.  The purpose of this site is to split the project related
documentation (such as news and RFCs) from the version specific software
documentation.  Thus, we no longer will need to fake a release when we want
to update the website to say "See us at FOSS4G" or when we want to update
the status of an RFC.  Also on this site are the traditional /downloads/
directory and MediaWiki under /wiki/.  MediaWiki has been updated from
version 1.16.0 to 1.21.1 which forced the update of a couple of modules
including the fancy editor and new user approval process.  I believe I have
things working, but would appreciate it if people would hit the new wiki
and verify it is all working.

> Minor edit worked fine.
>
> If everything else is a subdomain, should this be wiki.geomoose.org?
Downloads for some reason doesn't seem appropriate as a subdomain, but same
question.

Not sure.  Wiki could easily be a subdomain.  I don't see the need to split
downloads (at least yet).

> I think that these changes will improve things.
>
> Thanks for all the work, Eli
>

> > http://docs.geomoose.org
> > This is the new place for the GeoMoose version specific documentation.
Each minor version gets its own directory.  Currently, /2.4/, /2.6/, and
/master/ are loaded.  (master is git's equivalent of trunk).  If you don't
specify a version, it will default you to 2.6 (current stable).  This is
sourced from svn (for 2.4) and geomoose/geomoose-docs on GitHub (for 2.6
and master).

> > http://demo.geomoose.org
> > This is the new place for the GeoMoose demo. Like docs, this can
potentially support multiple demo versions installed at the same time.
Currently it points to the master branch of geomoose/geomoose on GitHub.

> > NOTE: The one part from the old server yet to be implemented is the
nightly builds.  I will be working on those next and they will live where
they always have (http://www2.geomoose.org/downloads/).