[geomoose-psc] Version 2.7

Dan Little theduckylittle at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 16:22:08 PDT 2014

Where We Are:
- Massive progress towards tickets.  Most are in review.

What We Plan to Finish:
- Saint Paul has a few more sponsored enhancements that will start to
percolate their way through over the next week.
- Testing.  Most of those tickets have been tested and all tickets
related to services have an automated test to prove they work (see
geomoose-services/tests).

What is on the Table:
- Cursor tickets.  Frankly, I'd rather just neuter the cursor ability
once and for-all.  It doesn't work consistently across version of
windows, it doesn't usually work well on webkit, and have been
differing requests on how they /should/ behave based on how different
folks feel state should be managed.  That said, I'm bitter and
hateful, and would simply rather not do the work.
- Dean's "Like All" and "Like Any" enhancements to the query.php
script.  I see how these are entirely useful and could completely
punish a system.  They are some big inclusions that really grow the
size of the file and I'm slightly worried about future management of
that code (it's a bit messy, not to say their isn't other messes, but
growing it is not always a good idea).  Looking ahead we should be
trying to plan for a GeoMOOSE Unified Search that gives people a more
google-esque behaviour to their search.  There is nitty gritty details
(and some sponsorship would be nice) to get there but I'm on the fence
about getting these in for 2.7.
- I need to look at Joe's updated pull request.  I may need to bounce
it back to him again after all the changes to master.

Jim, maybe you've got some more ideas on where/when.  Eli, always
interested in your feedback here too.