[geomoose-psc] Fwd: Starting conversation about linking GeoMOOSE.org to GeoMOOSE.com

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Jan 22 05:06:15 PST 2018

All,

Since there’s been no comment on this.  I’m moving to a vote for adding a Link to the GeoMoose.org<http://GeoMoose.org> entry page to the GeoMoose.com<http://GeoMoose.com> website.

+1

The plan right now, is to add it to the right side menu list.

bobb

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul)" <bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us<mailto:bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us>>
Subject: [geomoose-psc] Starting conversation about linking GeoMOOSE.org<http://GeoMOOSE.org> to GeoMOOSE.com<http://GeoMOOSE.com>
Date: January 10, 2018 at 10:57:13 AM CST
To: "geomoose-psc at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:geomoose-psc at lists.osgeo.org>" <geomoose-psc at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:geomoose-psc at lists.osgeo.org>>

All,

This has been brought up a couple of times in the recent past, and I’m moving on it again to get a concensus about putting it into place.

There now exists a GeoMOOSE.com<http://geomoose.com/> website in all it’s glory, which has been put together for what I think are obvious reasons,  and with the new OSGeo site coming online in the near future (5days!), now seems like a good time to move on setting up a linking system, and I’m proposing that we officially link to it from the GeoMOOSE,org site, and in a prominent location.   This doesn’t need to be a permanent thing by any means, but the idea of supporting, handling outreach and marketing tasks can be handled better in an independent way in this companion website.

Please take a look at the .com site and vote yes or no on adding a link to the GeoMOOSE.org<http://geomoose.org/> site.  My initial thought is to set up a “Support” or “Commercial” link in the top banner tool bar that goes to the .com site.  We can talk about how to list valid(ated) support organizations as well.  My first thought is that a list will end up on the .com side, but this is just a starting point idea from myself.  Let the rest of the PSC know your thoughts.  This site was created is being managed by SharedGeo currently, and was put together to facilitate better outreach and marketing.

Thanks

bobb

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
—Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
--Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949