From eadam at co.lincoln.or.us Mon Oct 5 07:07:55 2026 From: eadam at co.lincoln.or.us (Eli Adam) Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2026 14:07:55 +0000 Subject: [geomoose-psc] GeoMoose GeoParquet Support In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: Hi all, This has been paid (and decremented our OSGeo budget leaving a remainder of $200). This email completes housekeeping on this topic. Best regards, Eli ________________________________ From: Eli Adam Sent: Monday, August 31, 2026 8:09 PM To: GeoMOOSE PSC ; Dan Little Subject: Re: [geomoose-psc] GeoMoose GeoParquet Support Hi all, I submitted this to the OSGeo Treasurer for payment. Best regards, Eli ________________________________ From: Eli Adam Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2026 3:00 PM To: GeoMOOSE PSC ; Dan Little ; Eli Adam Subject: Re: [geomoose-psc] GeoMoose GeoParquet Support Hi Dan and all, Looping back on this, it looks like these items have been completed. Please submit an invoice for payment not exceeding $2,000. I've also put this on the PSC agenda to review processing invoices. Best regards, Eli ________________________________ From: geomoose-psc on behalf of Eli Adam via geomoose-psc Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2026 1:33 PM To: GeoMOOSE PSC ; Dan Little Subject: Re: [geomoose-psc] GeoMoose GeoParquet Support Hi Dan, This is exciting development! As people test it out, we'll learn more about how it is working. >From a bookkeeping perspective, look back to the initial scope (https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/geomoose-psc/attachments/20260119/a519ae6e/attachment.md) and once complete, submit an invoice for processing by the PSC. I haven't tested GeoParquet yet but a quick look (that may have missed things) suggests that "1. Host a version of the demonstration parcel dataset in GeoParquet format on GitHub" may be met with an equivalent public google bucket. I don't see that 2. has been completed, "2. Publish the instructions for how the conversion from the parcel shapefile was performed. This should appear as a How To in the documentation repository." Again, I only took a glance and may have missed things. Thanks for the exciting improvement! Best regards, Eli ________________________________ From: geomoose-psc on behalf of Dan Little via geomoose-psc Sent: Monday, April 13, 2026 10:18 AM To: GeoMOOSE PSC Subject: [geomoose-psc] GeoMoose GeoParquet Support Hi Folks! I wanted to get an update on the GeoParquet in GeoMoose support out to the PSC. The original proposal had us concluding this at the end of March. 95% of the code was done then but I had an itch I wanted to scratch -- adding WebWorker support for GeoParquet layers. The WebWorker support allows Parquet files to be loaded without over-burdening the main rendering thread for the application. The current code is available here: - https://github.com/geomoose/gm3/pull/938 I used DuckDB to convert the GeoJSON version of the Parcels to GeoParquet, put the output in a public google bucket, and then continued to Dev. I also keep a copy locally for when working from planes. :-) This should all work seamlessly with the current demo. At this point, I would consider this the conclusion of the scope of work (and a little more got done as well) but would love bug reports and feedback! -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From theduckylittle at gmail.com Thu Oct 8 07:44:57 2026 From: theduckylittle at gmail.com (Dan Little) Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2026 09:44:57 -0500 Subject: [geomoose-psc] Modernizing GeoMoose UX Message-ID: Hey folks, I did some work to push a human interface guideline compliant version of GeoMoose. This, more or less, heavily tweaks the default theme and cleans up how the LESS is structured to be easier to stylize and handle light/dark modes. My initial version was based on the GNOME & COSMIC desktops. It's what I use, personally, but also I have a preference for it these days. That work can be seen here: - https://github.com/geomoose/gm3/pull/1044 Jim has some different thoughts (and defaults), so I did a fork of the GNOME-inspired version and used the KDE HIG for a run. Those results are here: - https://github.com/geomoose/gm3/pull/1045 A few questions for the larger group: 1. Do folks like one or either of these? 2. Is adopting a new default style worth the potential disruption? Please don't try to nit-pick some of the smaller details. This is a quick-pass starting point that would take some real user feedback and workflow clean up to be totally plausible. We can make some decisions ourselves as well to deviate from some of the HIGs if we decided to adopt one. I have a dream where our standard theme is a bit more modern and where we tell users "Set this accent color variable(s)" and we do smart things with making the theme fit the user's branding better. Cheers! -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: From bbasques at sharedgeo.org Fri Oct 9 15:52:22 2026 From: bbasques at sharedgeo.org (Bob Basques) Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2026 17:52:22 -0500 Subject: [geomoose-psc] Modernizing GeoMoose UX In-Reply-To: References: Message-ID: All, I think I'm generally in favor of anything that follows the system preference, I use dark themes whenever possible as well, so . . . and because you asked . . . An option. for inverting the map display would be great, especially for night/dim light viewing, or maybe call it night view? like so: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3plhippx4hhhnhv701s5k/main.png?rlkey=icjqk9v6ijwxqodkz6yn74oc6&st=ui8yn3ps&dl=0 I know there are option in chrome and Opera I think to this, even by default, but I like personally to have a control/button to hit. bobb On Thu, Oct 8, 2026 at 9:45?AM Dan Little via geomoose-psc < geomoose-psc at lists.osgeo.org> wrote: > Hey folks, > > I did some work to push a human interface guideline compliant version of > GeoMoose. This, more or less, heavily tweaks the default theme and cleans > up how the LESS is structured to be easier to stylize and handle light/dark > modes. > > My initial version was based on the GNOME & COSMIC desktops. It's what I > use, personally, but also I have a preference for it these days. That work > can be seen here: > > - https://github.com/geomoose/gm3/pull/1044 > > Jim has some different thoughts (and defaults), so I did a fork of the > GNOME-inspired version and used the KDE HIG for a run. Those results are > here: > > - https://github.com/geomoose/gm3/pull/1045 > > A few questions for the larger group: > 1. Do folks like one or either of these? > 2. Is adopting a new default style worth the potential disruption? > > Please don't try to nit-pick some of the smaller details. This is a > quick-pass starting point that would take some real user feedback and > workflow clean up to be totally plausible. We can make some decisions > ourselves as well to deviate from some of the HIGs if we decided to adopt > one. > > I have a dream where our standard theme is a bit more modern and where we > tell users "Set this accent color variable(s)" and we do smart things with > making the theme fit the user's branding better. > > Cheers! > _______________________________________________ > geomoose-psc mailing list > geomoose-psc at lists.osgeo.org > https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/geomoose-psc > -- Bob Basques bbasques at sharedgeo.org 612.598.9210 ? You can book an appointment here . . . -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: