[Geomoose-users] ***PROBABLY FRAUD*** RE: (no subject)

Scott Oatley swoatley at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 19:34:54 EST 2007

Greetings!

I downloaded your files, and put them in my GeoMOOSE setup. I had to do four
things to get the aktogrammi layer to display.

1. The aktogrammi.map file in the RAR file was different than the separate
attachment. The one in the RAR file was looking for a roads.shp file.

  LAYER
    NAME "aktogrammi"
    STATUS ON
    DATA *"./roads.shp"*
    TYPE LINE
    CLASS
      NAME "main road"
      EXPRESSION ('[Id]' eq '1')
      STYLE
        COLOR 0 0 0
      END
    END
  END

2, 3 and 4. After swapping the map files, I made the following two changes
to the file: changed status from ON to DEFAULT, changed TYPE from LINE to
POLYGON, and commented out the EXPRESSION statement.

LAYER
    NAME "aktogrammi"
    DATA "./aktogrammi.shp"
    STATUS *DEFAULT*
    TYPE *POLYGON*
    CLASS
      NAME "main road"
*#      EXPRESSION ('[Id]' eq '1')*

       STYLE
         COLOR 10 40 100
       END
    END
  END

I used your statedemo2.xml file with the above changes, and the map
displayed correctly in my GeoMOOSE session.

NOTES:

I don't know enough about the LAYER-STATUS to answer why that change was
needed. I just set it to default because that's what setting I've used in
all my map files.

I believe the EXPRESSION statement will require a CLASSITEM statement to
support it. In the example below, "FEATURE" is the name of an attribute in
the shape file, and the expressions refer to specific values in that field.

    LAYER
        NAME 'bvwatercc'
        DATA './water_cc.shp'
        STATUS DEFAULT