[Geomoose-users] Park Search Help

Fischer, Brian bfischer at houstonengineeringinc.com
Tue Nov 13 23:19:53 EST 2007

Ok, I know what is going on.  My guess is when you first downloaded the
MS4W package it was MapServer 4.10 and the latest one you downloaded
included MapServer 5.0 which requires a slight modification a mapfile.
Which is why it worked the first time, but not now.  I just downloaded
the latest GeoMOOSE .zip and notice it does not have this parameter in
the mapfiles needed for the state demo.  You will have to add this
parameter to any layer you are querying (technically it is any layer
that is using the qstring parameter in the URL).  I think for the demo
you would only need to add it to the parks layer in the itemquery.map
and select.map files.

METADATA

    qstring_validation_pattern '.'

END

You can read more about the parameter at
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/browser/branches/branch-5-0/mapserver/MI
GRATION_GUIDE.TXT

Hopefully that does the trick.  If not let me know.

Brian Fischer

Houston Engineering, Inc.

Maple Grove, MN

(763) 493-4522