[Geomoose-users] How do I specify a GET or POST in my serviceURL?

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 10:56:02 EDT 2007

Hi Jim,

What's happening is that you're getting a "cross site scripting" error.

Here's some reading on Cross Site Scripting:
http://www.cgisecurity.com/articles/xss-faq.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-site_scripting

The gist:
GeoMOOSE is using the XMLHTTP object (AJAX) to read the results of the request because it needs to see if the  HTML has any XML "commands" in it for GeoMOOSE to process.  Since the site (http://156.98.2.251) is not the same as the one the page is running on, then you'll get a security error and the request will not be processed.

The solution(s):
1) Make the requests look the same using a IIS or Apache trick.  Both servers have the ability to do proxy-requests and responses.  Set up one for the WFS download service.
2) Use a "proxy" script.  This is a script of some-sort that sits on the same server as GeoMOOSE and allows it to download arbitrary pages.
3) Put GeoMOOSE on the same server as the WFS servlet script.

-Duck