[Geomoose-users] Street closed signal

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Dec 29 16:45:37 EST 2008

John,

A couple of quicky ways to implement it would be to use some data column in the database as a trigger.  You could set up an entirely separate layer just for Street closures for example.  You can also do some thematic filtering by using the mapfile to color or stylize a segment differently in the output image.

As far as the Blinking and/or animation, both have been discussed before, but they haven't really been addressed in GeoMoose.  I would imagine that the existing framework could display an animated image if you have a service of some sort to build it.

Another thougt I had related to this a while back, was somehow grouping a set of layer in GeoMoose to handle the animation via Javascript by playing through a set of images.

Your particular application doesn't sound like it would need anything special in the way of animation, but AVL track would for example.

bobb

>>> John Kummun <boache578 at yahoo.com> 12/29/08 2:39 PM >>>
hi guys,
Is there a way that i can show that a street or part of a street is closed on the map? it could be blinking/flashing that street segment itself or anything very indicative. I am using postgres/postgis database.

Thanks guys

John