[Geomoose-users] Geomoose User Group?

Fischer, Brian bfischer at houstonengineeringinc.com
Tue Feb 5 10:01:31 EST 2008

Hey Nate,

I would be interested as well.  I would recommend quarterly meetings
initially though...it seems like monthly gets to be a lot to keep going
with smaller groups.

I just wanted to mention that there is also a Twin Cities OSGeo chapter
(http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Twin_Cities) that tries to meet once a
month.  Sometimes in a formal setting and sometimes in an informal
setting (i.e. pub).  I believe the next meeting is going to be Feb. 19
5pm at the MnDNR.  This group used to be called the Twin Cities
MapServer users group.  This might also be something people would be
interested in.  The discussion is more broad than GeoMOOSE but does
occasionally cover GeoMOOSE.  It has has a lot of the long standing open
source GIS users in the twin cities as regular attendees.  You can sign
up for the mailing list at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/community/MUGs/tcmug/.

Brian Fischer
Houston Engineering, Inc.