[Geomoose-users] Searches

Nelson Soto NSoto at plotplans.com
Wed Oct 8 07:57:06 EDT 2008

I have found that in order to achieve what you are asking, you first
must get a search functioning correctly from tab. I have done this but I
have to replicate the functions that create a tab and basically
associate the tab 'onclick' event with the code to start the search
service. I haven't had any other good ideas how to do this... If you
have a better way to get one Search working via tab that is cleaner than
this, I'd love to hear it!!!!

Provided you have a method of applying a search via custom tab, this is
the Service definition I used:

<service title="Search" selectable="false" default="false" locked="true"
div="content_search">

      <url>/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe</url>

      <input type="hidden" name="map"
value="/ms4w/apps/GeoMOOSE/maps_medwaydemo/itemquery.map"/>

      <input type="hidden" name="mode" value="nquery"/>

      <input type="hidden" name="layer" value="ParcelsOwnerSearch"/>

      <input type="hidden" name="layer2" value="ParcelsAddressSearch"/>

      <input type="user" name="id1" title="Zoom to Owner:"/>

      <input type="user" name="id2" title="Zoom to Address:"/>

</service>

It's important to note that I don't think 'layer' and 'layer2' pass
through but this was initial code and needed revising.

You need a div to correspond to the service... so in the html you create
a div along the lines of...

<input name="id1"/><input type="submit" value="Search"/>

<input type="hidden" name="map"
value="/ms4w/apps/GeoMOOSE/maps_medwaydemo/itemquery.map"/>

<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="nquery"/>

<input name="id2"/><input type="submit" value="Search"/>

<input type="hidden" name="map"
value="/ms4w/apps/GeoMOOSE/maps_medwaydemo/itemquery.map"/>

<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="nquery"/>

Of course, your itemquery.map must contain the searches you would like
to use...

This is basically what is required in my experience. It seems this is a
feature with 1.6 and for that I am VERY THANKFUL!

The way this implementation works is by basically querying both boxes
against the appropriate query and so it is not the most efficient. I
look forward the the 1.6 implementation.