[Geomoose-users] Projection

Fischer, Brian bfischer at houstonengineeringinc.com
Fri Oct 24 14:46:11 EDT 2008

Here's an example mapfile. It projects a WMS service in UTM 15 to
McLeod, MN coordinate system.

MAP
  NAME 'DOQ'
  SIZE 800 650
STATUS ON
EXTENT 521296 156295 674419 295679
UNITS FEET
  IMAGETYPE JPEG
  TRANSPARENT TRUE

  WEB
  	INCLUDE "../web_config.map"
END

 Projection  #McLeod County Coordinates
        "proj=lcc"
        "lat_1=45.799999999999997000"
        "lat_2=44.916666666666657000"
        "lat_0=44.456111111111113000"
        "lon_0=-94.633333333333340000"
        "x_0=152400.3048"
        "y_0=30480.06096"
        "a=6378414.3689999999"
        "b=6357028.7531746011"
        "units=ft"
        "no_defs"
   END

#http://geoint.lmic.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/wms?LAYERS=fsa&SERVICE=WMS&a
mp;VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&EXCEPTIONS=applicati
on/vnd.ogc.se_inimage&FORMAT=image/jpeg&SRS=EPSG:26915&BBOX=
%MINX%,%MINY%,%MAXX%,%MAXY%&WIDTH=%WIDTH%&HEIGHT=%HEIGHT%
  # This layer comes from LMIC and is enabled only when the map scale
  # is at or above 1:24,000
  LAYER
    NAME         lmic_doq
    TYPE         RASTER
    #OFFSITE      0 0 0
    STATUS       DEFAULT
    CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
    CONNECTION "http://geoint.lmic.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/wms?"

    #MINSCALE      1000 # only display down to this scale
    #MAXSCALE     24000

    METADATA
      "wms_srs" "EPSG:26915"
      "wms_name" "doq"
      "wms_server_version" "1.1.1"
      "wms_format" "image/jpeg"
      "wms_styles" ""
      "wms_exceptions" "application/vnd.ogc.se_inimage"
    END

    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:26915"
    END