[Geomoose-users] mapfile_root in "settings.ini" and mapbook

Dan Little danlittle at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 13:47:37 EDT 2009

settings.ini is used by PHP and the MapBook is used by the web application for configuration settings.

While mapfile_root and mapserver_url are probably redundant there is a speed improvement for some operations if they do not need to parse the XML file.   Projection is necessary because it is not gauenteed to be defined in the mapfile.  We could change this to be a default/override setup similar to the way the javascript applications settings are handled now.