[Geomoose-users] GM2 - direct call to WMS without mapfile

CoFIS Web coffee at uni-bonn.de
Tue May 12 07:38:29 EDT 2009

Dear all,
do I understand correctly, that in GM2 I can include WMS into my
application without having to us a local mapfile?

I try to include the Blue Marble Global Mosaic tiled WMS
(http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi?request=GetTileService) using the
following lines in my mapbook:

<map-source name="background-wms" type="wms" tiled="true">
	<url>http://onearth.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi</url>
	<layer name="global_mosaic"/>
	<param name="srs" value="EPSG:4326"/>
	<param name="format" value="image/jpeg"/>
</map-source>

<catalog>
<group title="Satellite images" expand="true" multiple="false">
	<layer title="Blue Marble Global Mosaic"
	src="background-wms/global_mosaic"/>
</group>
</catalog>

When loading the layer, GM (according to the status bar in Firefox)
loads data. However, the only thing displayed are red tiles - no
satellite images.

Could someone please point me in the right direction what to change?

Thanks,
Nils

--
Center for Development Research
Department of Ecology and Resource Management

Walter-Flex-Strasse 3
53113 Bonn (Germany)

Tel.:   +49 (0) 228 - 73-1793
FAX:    +49 (0) 228 - 73-1889