[Geomoose-users] WMS: defining 'wms_style' at layer level possible?

CoFIS Web coffee at uni-bonn.de
Tue May 19 11:07:53 EDT 2009

Dear all,
once that I have my WMS layers included without using a mapfile :-) I
would like to know if I can incorporate the 'wms_style' parameter
defined in the layer-level metadata section of a mapfile in the GM
mapbook at map-source => layer level.

Why? For instance at http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi I can request
images for different seasons - e.g.
'wms_style' 'Feb' for February
'wms_style' 'May' for May

Putting

<map-source name='nasa' type='wms' tiled='false' projection='EPSG:4326'>
   <url>http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi</url>
   <layer name="BMNG"/>
   <param name="style" value="feb"/>
   <param name="format" value="image/jpeg"/>
</map-source>

into my mapbook does return the images for February. To get the images
for - say May - I would have to do define another <map-source>, but
again containing only one layer. Therefore, would it be possible to get
something like

<map-source name='nasa' type='wms' tiled='false' projection='EPSG:4326'>
   <url>http://wms.jpl.nasa.gov/wms.cgi</url>
   <layer name="BMNG" param name="style" value="feb"/>
   <layer name="BMNG" param name="style" value="may"/>
   <param name="format" value="image/jpeg"/>
</map-source>

working, in order to use one map-source for one WMS and requesting
different WMS styles at mapbook layer level?

Nils

--
Center for Development Research
Department of Ecology and Resource Management

Walter-Flex-Strasse 3
53113 Bonn (Germany)

Tel.:   +49 (0) 228 - 73-1793
FAX:    +49 (0) 228 - 73-1889