[Geomoose-users] GM2: Popup question

Matthew D. Syvertson msyvertson at co.richland.nd.us
Wed Jan 13 16:40:31 EST 2010

I hope I can describe what I want correctly.  If not, please feel free
to ask me for more details.

I would like to have a layer that is in the map that can not be seen in
the catalog, but I want for users to be able to turn on popups for that
layer to extract information about it.  I have no idea what this would
look like exactly, maybe a service, or a checkbox somewhere to turn on
this ability.  My boss feels like for the function, it is not intuitive
enough for a person to have to find the layer, check the check box,
enable popups, then click on the map.  He would prefer on obvious place
to turn on the function and then one click on the map.

Please let me know if you have ideas on how this could happen.

Matt Syvertson
Richland County GIS Coordinator
418 2nd Ave N
Wahpeton, ND 58075