[Geomoose-users] NASA OnEarth wms

Jim Klassen Jim.Klassen at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Jan 21 16:43:53 EST 2010

Personally, I'd go Brent's option #2.

As far as I know, GeoMOOSE doesn't actually warp the image, it more tries to reproject the bounding box of the image and scale/rotate the result. You can get by with this when the projections are similar and the total extents are small. Also, I think this is OpenLayers functionality that was just exposed in GeoMOOSE.

If you need good results, I'd let MapServer consume the WMS and reproject it into your projection of choice (use mapserver as a WMS client). Then have GeoMOOSE talk to MapServer. It uses GDAL to warp the image and does a much better job. You can also optionally apply re-sampling options other than nearest neighbor and get fairly good looking images.

>>> FRANZ OKYERE <franzzoa at hotmail.com> 01/21/10 3:32 PM >>>
Hi Brent and all, I paid a visit to the hypersphere website to download a landsat tile or two and the download keeps being aborted. Is this to be expected? Otherwise I need sources to some background for the ghana, w-africa area. I'm kinda fed up with the nasa wms- i'm trying Brent's possible solution. Thanks. Franz