[Geomoose-users] Extension of GM/OpenLayers Google capabilities?

Brian Fischer bfischer at houstoneng.com
Mon Jun 14 17:35:57 EDT 2010

As long as the data provider could publish the data in one of these "Raster Layer" formats that OpenLayers supports.  http://docs.openlayers.org/library/layers.html   Then GeoMOOSE could be enhanced to view one of those type of base layers.  Currently GM only supports WMS, MapServer, Google, ArcGIS Server REST API and Bing layer types.  We have a client that is paying us to add tilecache this month.  If the State is publishing the layers in the standard google tile format then you should be able to use it right out of the box.  I don't know much about the google earth server to know if it publishing tiles in a 2D or 3D tile format.

You may run into limitations on printing if that is a business need.  Currently GM does not support printing to PDF with any tiled format.

Brian Fischer, CFM  GIS Project Manager
Houston Engineering, Inc.