[Geomoose-users] Labeling

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Nov 30 13:37:18 EST 2010

Jacob,

Well, we (I mean "I") cheated a little on this one.

While our GeoMoose interface will generate most layersfor the Whole City, it's best if you zoom in to a spot on the map somewhere to get an idea of the detail our method enabled us to publish.

In this GeoMoose instance:  http://gis.ci.stpaul.mn.us/gis/gismo_public/html/  under the Geodetic & Control Points  >>  Plat (Property) Lines.

We generated a raster tileset output from AutoCAD to represent our Platted (survey) linework, complete with all labeling and dimensioning.  This allows us to use the CAD (AutoCAD) product to control the cartography elements and not require us to replicate the same cartography in the Web publishing process.  This has worked out for us for more then ten years now.

We generally update the tiles every few months.  But I'm in the middle of building an AutoCAD autoupdate routine for incrmentally updating the tiles on the GeoMoose site as they are edited.  The longer our system is in place, the more features folks start to ask for, and currency of data is become a major user need/desire.

bobb

>>> "Jacob Rodel" <jacob.rodel at co.todd.mn.us> wrote:

I know this is more of a mapserver thing but I was just wondering what other people were doing.  We manage all of our parcel dimensions, lot numbers, ect. in AutoCad.  From what I understand in order to get them in my Geomoose application I have to convert to Geodatabase and then label by the textstring field.  Is this similar to what other people are doing or is there a better way?  Thanks!

Jacob Rodel

GIS Technician

Todd

CountyGIS