[Geomoose-users] Mr Sids Images

Jim Klassen Jim.Klassen at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fri Oct 1 16:09:01 EDT 2010

Yeah, that's GIF which is only 256 colors.  If it's an air photo you'll probably be happiest with JPEG output.

The most common output formats should already be defined in MapServer (see http://mapserver.org/mapfile/outputformat.html) so you probably don't need to include that block.

Set 'IMAGETYPE jpeg' in the mapfile should help (http://mapserver.org/mapfile/map.html).

You will find more answers to these sort of questions over on mapserver-users.

>>> Bill Harbour <bharbour at bcbe.org> 10/01/10 3:14 PM >>>
Jim:

The map file as this as the output format...is that the same thing??

OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME gif
    DRIVER 'GD/GIF'
    MIMETYPE 'image/gif'
    IMAGEMODE PC256
    EXTENSION 'gif'
  END

Thanks!!

Baldwin County Public Schools
Bill Harbour
GIS Coordinator
Information Technology Services
Baldwin County Board of Education
1071  B Ave
Loxley, AL 36551
V 251-580-1916
F 251-972-6851
Office 251-972-6850
bharbour at bcbe.org
http://www.bcbe.org
"When life gets too unreal, sit down with a good book." - Garrison Keillor