[Geomoose-users] Problem getting WMS to display

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Thu Apr 21 11:22:55 EDT 2011

I'm trying to add a WMS layer to my GeoMoose application, but am having
trouble.  So far, the best I can do is get the layer to display in the
TOC, but it's a pink screen if you turn the layer on.  I'm not sure what
I'm doing wrong.  Here is what I have in my mapbook.xml file:

In the map source section:

            <map-source name="NAIP_2009" type="wms" tiled="false"
projection='EPSG:26919'>

<url>http://mapserver.maine.gov/wms/mapserv.exe?map=c:/wms/orthos.map?</
url>

                        <layer name="NAIP_2009" queryable="false"/>

                        <param name="format" value="image/png"/>

                        <param name="TRANSPARENT" value="TRUE"/>

            </map-source>

And in the layer controls:

                        <layer title="Aerial photos"
src="NAIP_2009/NAIP_2009" status="off" fade="true" unfade="true"
legend="false" />

The URL to the WMS service is as follows:

http://mapserver.maine.gov/wms/mapserv.exe?map=c:/wms/orthos.map&SERVICE
=WMS&

-it is a service which I know to work.  Also, I have a workable
projection file for EPSG:26919

What am I missing here?