[Geomoose-users] Feature Editor: Polygon_update and Polygon_delete Errors

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Sun Dec 11 15:18:07 EST 2011

Atif,

   The Feature Editor doc on the Geomoose site uses the results of the
Identify operation to render a link to delete the selected feature.
Your mapbook creates a "delete_polygon" button on the tool bar
referencing the a delete_polygon service:

<service name="delete_polygon">
<url>php/editor.php</url>
<step type="input">
<input type="hidden" name="op" value="delete"/>
<input type="hidden" name="table" value="test_polygons"/>
<input type="hidden" name="feature:polygon_id"/>
</step>
</service>

Since your service has no spatial step (only a form input step), there
is no way for the user to select the polygon to delete.

   You need to look at the Feature Editor doc and get your editing
functions working as documented first, then you would be in a better
position to expand it by adding tool bar buttons to do delete and modify.