[Geomoose-users] Problems with geocoding

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Fri Jun 10 15:24:38 EDT 2011

I'm working on a modified geocode php file which will use our E911
address locator.  Once a point is located, the coordinates are used to
select a parcel using a queryByPoint.  I am able to get what look like
valid coordinates, but I keep getting an error and 0 features when I try
the query.  I'm not sure what's going on here.  The address locator and
the data layer are both in UTM Zone 19N (EPSG 26919), so I don't think
that's the issue, but who knows.

Here is some of the code, I'm appreciative of suggestions:

//Temporarily hard-coded coordinates:

$xCoord = 438949;

$yCoord = 4907614;

$point = ms_newPointObj();

$point->setXY($xCoord,$yCoord);

$selectLayer->queryByPoint($point,MS_SINGLE,200);

$numResults = $selectLayer->getNumResults();

print "num results=".$numResults;

---When run, the error message is this:

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msQueryByPoint(): No matching record(s)
found. in C:\ms4w\apps\geoparcels\htdocs\php\geocode.php on line 163
num results=0