[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose governance model . . .

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Mar 2 10:08:39 EST 2011

All,

I'm starting a new thread here to start up a discussion related to implementing some sort of governance model for GeoMoose.  Believe it or not, the project has gotten to where it is in a fairly fractured fashion.   There have been champions of the product from different perspectives along the way as well, developers, salesman, usability (myself), and flexibilty among others.  Each of these capabilities champions have pushed the product to where it is today in a very informal collaborative environment.

I believe we're collectively at a point where the next level of operations needs to be implemented and some formality to some tasks need to be implemented.  Roadmap and feature items need to be recorded and prioritized, as well as vetting of these additions, how will they affect the product moving forward, should they be core or add-on (plugin) constructs, etc.   A capabilitites proposal and voting system needs to be implemented in some fashion as well.  I'm not suggesting jumping straight to a overly strict process, but a process does need to be described for each of these tasks inorder not to fracture resources and development aims.  Some of these topics have already been addressed on the list and some still need to be discussed further.

In general, I'm asking here, is it fair to assume that we're all in agreement with the above listed organizational points needed to be put more formally into place?   Yes+ or No- to  further discussing moving the GeoMoose project to a more structured one.

If you are on this list, you can vote.

Thanks

Bob Basques
City of Saint Paul