[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose organization

Krysta Houseknecht KHOUSEKNECHT at co.clatsop.or.us
Wed Mar 2 13:49:12 EST 2011

Hi Christopher,

I'm happy to hear you like our version of Geomoose! We can set up an
Intergovernmental Agreement with you so that we can send our data to you
to get the website started. Dean's directions below explain the steps
pretty clearly. Please contact me if you would like to move forward with
the agreement, since it takes about 2 weeks to get signatures and set up
usually.

Thanks,

Krysta Houseknecht
GIS Coordinator
Central Services - IS Division
800 Exchange
Suite 300
Astoria, OR 97103
503-325-8662 ext: 1131

>>> "DEAN ANDERSON" <ANDERSON.DEAN at co.polk.or.us> 3/2/2011 7:13 AM >>>
Christopher

I will check with Krysta on how to make this work.  It is using shape
files (Crook County's is PostGIS).  The easiest way to make this happen
using Clatop's site as a starting point (if that meets your needs) is to
do the following...

1. Set up the GeoMOOSE demo site on IIS or Apache and make sure it
works.  Apache is simpler.
2. Sign a data license with Clatsop to temporarily use their data
(Check with Krysta to see if this can happen. She has been out with the
flue for the last couple of days).
3. We will create a zip file of their site with data (no photos) and
place it on the FTP site.
4. You install Clatsop on your site (This will ensure you have a
working copy).
5. Become familiar with MapServer map files so you can start setting up
the cartography.
6. Read my notes that I used to customize Clatsop's site from what
Houston setup for the Oregon Consortium.
7. Give Houston, Kyrsta or me a call for help.

The buffer function is working fine for buffering around an individual
parcel/taxlot or around a group.  For any further customization you may
want to contact Houston Engineering as they have done the Lion's share
of customization for the Oregon Consortium.

Let me know if this works for you.

Dean Anderson
IT Director
Polk County

PS. The reason I responded is that I worked with Krysta set the Clatsop
sight up.

>>> Brian Fischer <bfischer at houstoneng.com> 3/2/2011 6:50 AM >>>

Hi Christopher,
You might want to check out http://crook.houstoneng.net, I still got
some more work to do on this, but it has some new user interface things
we did for them. For example check out the “Show/Hide Tabs” option in
the button right.  This site is also completely working off of PostGIS.
I’ll look through your requirements as well and see if we have any other
client’s applications that demonstrate the functionality.  We have
probably done over 30 internal client applications with a wide variety
of customizations as well.  Everything from online feature editing to
remote mobile uploading.

Brian Fischer,CFM  GIS Manager
Houston Engineering, Inc.