[Geomoose-users] Using Identify with Postgis layer

Stephen Knox stephenknox73 at gmail.com
Mon May 2 06:57:16 EDT 2011

Hi list,

I came across GeoMoose through a university project to create a mapping
server. I've managed to get it working fairly well with Mapserver and
PostGIS data (and looking good, thanks!), but I was just wondering whether
anyone has used "Identify" with PostGIS layers. I have followed the
instructions here<http://www.geomoose.org/wiki/index.php/Setup_guide#Get_Identify_to_work_-_Make_sure_identify_will_work.when_you_identify_a_feature_any_visible_shape_file_or_WMS_will_display_those_attributes_in_the_table_of_contents.>,
but I think these were written for Shapefiles, as I just get the text
"[FEATURE_NAME]" in the resulting HTML rather than the actual feature
selected name. This is also true if I put "[feature_name from table_name]"
as per how fields are defined in the Mapserver DATA field.

 Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve