[Geomoose-users] Cant get the demo data to work

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Tue Jan 3 13:33:24 EST 2012

>> I unzipped all the packages to the c: drive on my computer and installed
>> geomoose as well as the c: drive.

Does this mean that you have paths like C:\ms4w\apps\geomoose2?

>> I have checked and apache is working and so is map server

Does this mean that going to this address,
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe results in: No query information
to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty. ?

>> When I go to http://localhost/geomoose2/geomoose.html
>> it seems to work and geomoose opens but there is no data in there.
>> The html template is there and so are the tools and buttons on the top as
>> is
>> the zoom and the ability to see the coordinates however....
>> The screen is blank There is nothing in it.
>>
>> It seems that perhaps it is not reading the mapbook xml document.

It looks like you might be using firefox as a browser which can be
very helpful for debugging.  Install the firebug extension and perhaps
the webdeveloper one too.  Using these tools will show you what is
going on.  You should be able to see the xml that is returned and lots
of other stuff.  Hopefully, you will find something that looks out of
place, is highlighted in red as an error or otherwise is apparent what
is wrong.

>> Is it an issue with perhaps using python 2.4 as opposed to 2.5  ?

Python should not be relevant.

HTH, Eli