[Geomoose-users] Editing in GeoMoose

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Mon Jul 16 13:50:47 PDT 2012

Bbo,

   Comments below...

On 7/16/2012 12:44 PM, Bistrais, Bob wrote:

> While I'm on the topic of editing via GeoMoose...
>
> I'll soon be developing a GM application which will need to allow
> editing of a layer.  I'd like to ask the user group if any of you
> already have editing capabilities in your applications, or are
> planning to do so?

Yes, using GM 2.4

>    I am interested in both geometry and attribute editing.  Is
> everyone using PostGIS or some other database for editable layers?

I'm using PostGIS (and I'm very happy with it).

> If any has a working application with editing services, can you
> provide a URL so I can take a look?

Not currently, although I do need to set up a demo site soon.  And I
need to implement with the new WFS-T architecture of GM 2.6

> With regard to the Layer Tools in GM, are these easily modified so
> they will work with an editable layer, rather than the default
> graphics layer?

In the 2.6 demo, you just click on the "Census -cities" catalog entry
and you can use the Layer Tools to create/edit/delete features in that
layer (thanks to the new ' activate="true" ' Layer tag in the mapbook )