[Geomoose-users] Legend not visible with maxscaledenom set

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Fri May 25 12:28:13 PDT 2012

I am dabbling with the GM 2.6 release candidate and found a quirk.  At
first I thought it was a problem with MapServer 6.0.2, but now I'm
suspecting GM.

I have map layers that have a Maxscaledenom set.  The legends for these
layers were not displaying, even when zoomed into the visible scale
range.  I am now finding that, with the Maxscaledenom set, if the layer
is turned off until you zoom into the Maxscaledenom, the legend will
display when you turn it on.  If you have the layer on when outside the
maxscaledenom, then zoom into the visible range, the legend does not
show unless you turn the layer off, then on again.   It's like you need
to "refresh" the TOC to get the legend to show.