[Geomoose-users] multiple applications from same GeoMoose code

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 09:31:47 PST 2012

One thought... settings.ini should be static now (at least for a particular version) so it shouldn't need to be different,  local_settings.ini is the one that should be customized.

I've done this by embedding GeoMoose in a Ruby on Rails app.  The Rails app provided the mapbook to GeoMoose and tailored it to the particular user.  The PHP was stripped out and minimally replaced with Rails equivalents.  I think this was back around GeoMoose 2.0.  Lately, my method is one static catalog for all, but putting most layers in a CSW server which will only query/return layers the user has permissions to view.