[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose Printing

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 06:56:48 PDT 2012

On Oct 9, 2012, at 2:01 PM, Eli Adam wrote:

> Would it also have some support for template/surrounding items (title,
> orientation, date, scale, logo, disclaimer, etc)?

As much as people are willing to code into an HTML template.  My hidden agenda (I guess not anymore) is to define a template implementing the US National Grid standard print templates which includes lots of non-map items.

> Would client side with no server side mean html output only?  (plus
> any pdf 'printing' capabilities your computer/browser might have?)

It would mean HTML or possibly Canvas->Image and rely on the browser to generate a PDF or PS or PCL or ... for printing.  One possible downside here is this could remove the possibility of printing to a Geospatial PDF.  (http://www.gdal.org/frmt_pdf.html)  Maybe phantomjs?