[Geomoose-users] identify on layers you don't want visable

Brian Fischer bfischer at houstoneng.com
Mon Oct 29 06:47:55 PDT 2012

Jim, the only probably I see with your suggestion is there is no way to define that in the mapbook for a user.  After some more investigation by one of our developers we learned that this is supported already but found a bug.

>From our developer:
" You can already identify layers that aren't visible on the map and don't appear on the catalog already through the mapbook.  Just turn the status of the layer off, remove the layer from the catalog tag, and then add the hidden layers tag to the identify service.

There is however a bug with the identify tool.  You can't use the visiblelayers attribute (<input type="visiblelayers" name="layers"/>) with the hiddenlayers attribute (<input type="hidden" name="layers" value="mapsource/layer:mapsource/layer" />).  Whichever is declared second will overwrite the first attribute when passing the layer parameters to the identify service.  I changed the name attribute to "hiddenlayers" (<input type="hidden" name="hiddenlayers" value="parcels/parcels" />) so that both the "layer" attribute and the "hiddenlayers" attribute are being passed to the identify service and then I combine them there."

We'll probably submit a patch for this small change if this makes sense to others.

Brian Fischer, CFM
Principal | GIS Project Manager
Houston Engineering, Inc.
O 763.493.4522 | D 763.493.6664 | M 763.229.2734