[Geomoose-users] Measure Tool Extension

Anderson, Dean anderson.dean at co.polk.or.us
Mon Dec 9 09:47:11 PST 2013

We are going to be creating a new measure extension that will allow a user
to:

1. Transfer the measure line object to a sketch line object and the length
measurement to the the last coordinate in the line as a sketch  label
object.

2. Transfer measure area object to a sketch polygon and the area
measurements to the last coordinate of the polygon boundary as a sketch
label object.

It appears that this will have a minimum impact on GeoMoose 2.61.  (This
enhancement has been proposed in the past - github is not working for me
today so I can not post the #.)   As we have time we will probably write
this in the coming month or so.  The interface will be as
follows:

[image: Inline image 1]
Getting the measure geometry will be based on existing GeoMoose 2.61 code
and adding to the sketch will be based on Oregon GeoMoose 2.61 code written
for us by Houston.  We will make the basic code work for Geomoose 2.61.
 However, the label will be specific to the Houston Code as they have
created a label object for us.

My question is has anybody already done this and are you will to share your
code?

Thanks

--
Dean R Anderson