[Geomoose-users] Strange spatial select problem

Bistrais, Bob Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov
Mon Feb 11 14:30:03 PST 2013

I have a rather selective problem with Select Features.  First of all, selecting from a town layer by drawing a shape- most of the time it works, but on certain towns (or counties) it will attempt to search an eventually time out.  I have been trying to find some reason but not really sure.  One possibility is that the culprits are coastal towns, with many vertices on the shoreline.
The other problem is doing a followup select- let's assume that I successfully selected a town.  Next I want to select point features within the selected town.  Much of the time it works, but sometimes not.  Again, not sure, but there seems to be a correlation when the town polygon has a complex shape (ie many vertices).

Has anyone seen this issue before, and found a workaround?