[Geomoose-users] strange problem with select

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Wed Jul 31 08:20:02 PDT 2013

Bob,

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 1:29 PM, Bistrais, Bob <Bob.Bistrais at maine.gov>wrote:

>  I am working on a GM parcel application (GM 2.6.1).  I was testing the
> buffered select service.  With no buffering (just select by mouse), it
> seems to work fine.  On the buffered select I encounter a weird problem.
>  If you select a parcel, set a buffer distance and query layer (the
> parcels), click Go- it selects only a few of the surrounding parcels.  In
> other words, if I set a buffer distance of 50 or 100 I’d expect to get all
> adjacent parcels selected, but it only selects some of the expected result.

Is it random which ones are selected?  Is it a shift one way or the other?
Area you able to see this in the demo?  Are some never selected?  Do you
know if you have invalid/odd geometries or data in those areas?  If you
have a PostGIS instance handy, you might want to load it up and run
ST_IsValid (http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.0/ST_IsValid.html) or similar
functions to see if there is any pattern of this problem with something
that might be in the data.

This isn't a lot of detail to try and figure it out.  You might be able to
get more info from checking the requests and responses in firebug (i.e.
perhaps it is a bad request vs. bad response vs. bad handling of a correct
response, etc).

I hope these ideas lead to something useful.

Eli

****