[Geomoose-users] RFC-4 Commit Management

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Tue May 28 15:51:37 PDT 2013

PSC Members and interested GeoMoose community members,

We are looking at formalizing our committer guidelines.

At the same time moving new development in the project from Subversion to GitHub to allow us to more easily manage the code base and in particular make it easier to merge changes between the official GeoMoose version and branches that are being customized for specific projects.

As the history in Subversion is unfortunately messy with respect to branches and tags, the current thinking is that to avoid a very messy import process that existing branches including 2.6.x will continue to be maintained in Subversion, while newer versions (e.g 2.8 or 3.0) will be developed in Git.

Please review RFC-4 and reply with your comments.

http://www.geomoose.org/trunk/rfc/rfc-4.html

Jim Klassen