[Geomoose-users] Query.PhP Code Update Suggestions

Anderson, Dean anderson.dean at co.polk.or.us
Tue Sep 24 12:37:19 PDT 2013

Not sure who this goes to as I do not have access to github (new firewall
stuff going on) .  My programmer Bryce made these fixes for me so thought I
would share them as I REALLY like them.

Attached you will find a new query.php.  It contains two changes to the
standard 2.6.1 MS4W query.php code.

1. A fix to the "IN" comparitor - Changed the delimiter to ";" as spaces
and "," are used in search strings, removed extra spaces, removed case
issues.

2. Added a NEW comparitor - "LikeAll"  - This is a special comparitor that
will match all contents of an entered string as separated by spaces.  So if
I am searching for Dean Anderson as Owner and my owner name as stored in
the database is "Anderson Dean et al' it will find it.  This is also much
more like how google searches.  Finally, this works great for search of
addresses as you can search for "202 washington" and not have to remember
if it is a street or if it has a directions associated with it.

To reference this in the mapbook.xml use: <option value="like-all">Match
All</option>

The query.php has the extra lines of code commented (Bryce Choi - Polk Co.
9-23-13) so they should be easy to find.

--
Dean R Anderson
IT Director