[Geomoose-users] Copyright Infringement Issue

Ed Boesenberg boesiii at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 10:49:11 PST 2014

Hello All,

I have been trying to convince the Board of Directors of the company I work
for to let me engage current customers and possibly new customers to setup
GeoMoose type web applications and other similar type web applications based
on OpenLayers.  The Board is reluctant because of copyright infringement.
Their argument is how can I prove that GeoMoose and OpenLayers is not
infringing upon other copyrighted material.  They considered getting a
patent attorney to review my code\GeoMoose code but they aren't able to
justify the cost.

How can I prove my argument that GeoMoose and similar open source code is
not copyright material?

Thanks,