[Geomoose-users] GeoMoose Community Wiki

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 09:50:38 PST 2015

Hello fellow GeoMoose users:

While cleaning up some broken links in the documentation, I noticed that
we don't have a link to the wiki [1] from the main project page [2].  I
am not aware (but could easily have missed) any recent activity in the
wiki.  I know we ended up locking down new sign ups a while back because
we were getting hammered with spam accounts/posts.  I think this may of
had the unfortunate side effect of limiting positive contributions to
the wiki.

Should there be a link to the wiki up next to
Home,Demo,Documentation,Developers,Download on [2]?

Is the wiki still in use?

Is the content in the wiki still relevant?  Most of it appears to be
from the 2.0-2.4 era (ca. 2009-2011).

Does the wiki still serve a purpose?

Should we migrate from running our own MediaWiki and endorse the use of
the wiki provided by GitHub [3]?

Is there content in the wiki that needs to be migrated to Sphinx (i.e.
made official)?  The one thing I can think of is the history of the PSC
meeting minutes (which also hasn't been updated in awhile). [4]

[1] http://www.geomoose.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
[2] http://www.geomoose.org
[3] https://github.com/geomoose/geomoose/wiki
[4] http://www.geomoose.org/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Meetings