[Geomoose-users] Geomoose Hosting

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 10:35:42 PDT 2016

Also note that in particular, mapserver_url is the (usually relative)
URL to where mapserver can be found.

As it is written, you are telling GeoMoose to look for the mapserver CGI at:

http://gene.webfactional.com/home/gene/bin/mapserv

which is probably not what you want.

You will need a ScriptAlias (and possibly a Directory entry to setup
permissions) in your Apache configuration (or equivalent) to enable
Apache to see /home/gene/bin as a URL.
e.g.

ScriptAlias /home/gene/bin/ /gene-bin/

Then mapserver_url=/gene-bin/mapserv

temp needs to be a directory that the web server user can read/write so
the PHP can store temporary files.  I don't believe it needs to be
directly accessible via URL.

Also, don't forget to set the temp directory in
'./maps/temp_directory.map' for MapServer.