[Geomoose-users] caching aerial photos in MapServer

Tim Hennig timhbellevue at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 07:50:54 PDT 2016

HI Everyone,

I was wondering if someone can direct me to good information regarding
caching aerial photos in MapServer.  I know this is not a GeoMoose question
pertaining to the application, but I would like to start researching this
and possibly implement this sometime in the next month.

I've looked at the MapServer website, but I'm trying to figure out the
process.  Can use ArcGIS cache tiles and tie it into MapServer?  Is there an
add-on QGIS to cache? Etc.?

I also thought about using REST services from the county that I reside in,
but the caching is not as detailed at a municipal level.

Right now the GeoMoose is using TIF images.

Tim Hennig
Village of Bellevue