[Geomoose-users] Identify tool on a raster WMS layer

Jim Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 14:53:40 PST 2017

Look at the parcels layer in the demo.  The important bits are:

1) Make sure you have the MAP->WEB->METADATA set correctly in the '.map'
file. As you are getting a response from your test GetFeatureInfo
request, I would in particular check that you have:
'wms_feature_info_mime_type' 'text/html'.

https://github.com/geomoose/geomoose/blob/master/maps/demo/parcels/parcels.map

2) Make sure your TEMPLATE is valid HTML.  I don't know for sure that it
matters, but it is probably a good idea to wrap your popup content in a

https://github.com/geomoose/geomoose/blob/master/maps/demo/parcels/parcels_popup.html

Again from your sample GetFeatureInfo request, MapServer is clearly
working with the '[value_list]' substutition in your template, so that
part is correct for your raster layer.  What substitutions are available
in the MapServer template are the only difference between using a RASTER
or a shapefile.  GeoMoose itself doesn't know the difference.

3) In the mapbook, <map-source type='mapserver' ...> or <map-source
type='wms' ...> should both work, as long as you have the file/url
correct.  If the map displays then it is almost certainly correct.  The
type='mapserver' is really just a shortcut (filling in the path to
MapServer and the mapfile automatically) and is treated like type='wms'
internally by GeoMoose.

In the catalog you need <layer src="..." .... popups="true" ....>

See: https://github.com/geomoose/geomoose/blob/master/conf/mapbook.xml