[Geomoose-users] Query a Mapserver raster group

TC Haddad tchaddad at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 20:55:00 PST 2017

I've seen a working example before and can't lay my hands on it at the
moment, but this is what I think works:

In the DEM map file you want this in the LAYER file:

STATUS ON
OPACITY 0

And don't include any class blocks at all. I believe with this setup you
don't have to mess with GROUP at all, as the elevation layer will always be
something that reports.

If you prefer that the layer only reports with GROUP behavior, you will
have to set STATUS to OFF, and then add the GROUP tag, and use that GROUP
name to call the layers from via WMS.

Note that there used to be a problem in Geomoose with querying layers that
were in GROUPs, I thought that that got fixed in ~v.2.8, but to be honest I
have not tested it in a while. So hopefully you are not bumping into a
zombie version of that bug...

Tanya