[Geomoose-users] Query a Mapserver raster group

James Klassen klassen.js at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 08:30:28 PST 2017

GeoMoose works with WMS layers and expects all operations on that layer to
be done with that layer.  In this email, by layer I mean something of the
form

<the_wms_url>&service=wms&layers=<comma separated layer
list>&request=[GetMap|GetFeatureInfo]&...

There isn't a way to tell it to use one layer for GetMap but some other
layer for GetFeatureInfo.

To do that requires the WMS server to know that the source data for GetMap
isn't the same source data for GetFeatureInfo.  Hence, the MapServer tricks.

If you don't like the solutions (work arounds) presented here, feel free to
ask for suggestions on the mapserver mailing list.  They may have more
insight into how to get MapServer to do what you want.  If you really want
it to behave differently, you will be into writing some code (either
something custom for that layer in GeoMoose, a WMS proxy, or a WMS server
in MapScript) that fiddles with the layers parameter based on the request
parameter.